Friday, February 27, 2009

Make Things Crystal Clear

Sometimes, I come face to face with dilemma of making decisions.

Should I or should I not? What are the pros and cons?
Will the decision affect me and others? What is actually right?Is this good or bad?
You crack your head, thinking. Scratch your head, trying to decide. You ask for opinions, you accept some, you ponder over some and you outright reject some. The decision-making process happens to be a long one in reality.

People who make up their minds on the spot have actually made up their minds subconsciously some time back, in my humble opinion. They just aren't aware of the fact. It's not a bad thing actually. I'd love to be able to do so. Today i had a conversation with an old friend. She was obviously in despair. All because of a friend who turned out to be not quite a friend at after all. How their friendship took an abrupt sour turn. How her friend manipulated her way through many things. How disappointed she was. And how frustrated she was over her own naivety. People always try to be fake to one another. I wonder how many masks you put on in a day? I observe many these kind of people. Many!

I was dumbfounded for a while because it sounded so much like what I've experienced before. I told her my past experience and my decision in closing this chapter of friendship for good and left because it was destructive to my mind and soul. I'm just like the fish here. I chose to take a leap.

But I also told her that there's a way to salvage the friendship, please do. What spurred me in making my decision regarding friendship? A lot of factors and I'm astonished by the fact that each day passes by with little subtle hints, telling me I've made the right decision. It was an agonizing process, me trying to make this decision especially regarding something/someone I held so close to my heart once.
But I'm glad I made it and got over it. And hence, this post.
I will remember the pain rest of my life although it is just a small cut!

3 came:

-popjammerz- said...

:) i like the picture!!
yeah, sometimes it's better to close that friendship and let go, rather than dwelling over and working hard to salvage it yet the other doesn't change at all.

there are some times we have to let go. And sometimes, letting go actually might change the person. :)

Anonymous said...

hey dun think too much about the lost one...i know u're always soft in the inside..

Anonymous said...

dear pumpkin pie, chinese people always say,"old ones don't go..new ones wont come"...cheer up ya! we always here for u!