From news, emails,youtube and etc I have seen the blood of civilians and soldiers flooding through some of the world's most war-torn countries, and watched it dye the rivers red.
I watched a pregnant woman kneeling beside her dead husband's hospital bed, bowing her head in silent prayer, and softly whispering, "God have mercy. Please grace us with better days".
I saw a boy look up to the skies and question why 'He who created heaven and earth' could allow this to happen to those He supposedly loved.
I saw as soldiers marched to words they obeyed, but never quite understood.
I saw the same soldiers carried into tent- sometimes wounded, sometimes disfigured, sometimes dead.
I heard the shots fired, and the screams that have followed.
I saw the broken-down houses of innocent civilians.
Deep down my heart, I wish i could help but I'm sorry, there was nothing else I could do.
Sometimes when I read about how many people have died in war today, I am consumed by anger, confusion and sadness- anger towards the corrupt and hateful leaders manipulating the minds of the innocent; confusion as to how the situation got to be so complicated that people decided war would be the best solution; and sadness for all those who have lost themselves, who have lost someone, or who have lost everyone.
I cry. I cry for those who deserve better lives, for the mother burying her baby, for the husband who never got to kiss his wife goodbye, for the child who never got the chance to know his/her parents.
I pray for those who have suffered, and more for those with the power to know better.
Most of all, I pray for the world- for us to see with our eyes, and not our weapons.
I wish for world-acceptance, for everyone to see that regardless of gender, race, religion, we are all the same, and that we all equally deserve a right to live in this world, in our home.
I envision a better place- a place where people live in harmony, where there are no tears, no fears, and no fighting. But I know better than to believe that it could exist.
I feel as though I want to spend my life doing traveling in an attempt to fight for world peace, but how can you help those unwilling to help themselves?
When you picked up that gun, and pulled that trigger, did you look into that child's eyes, even for a second, and wonder what it is you're fighting for?
I watched a pregnant woman kneeling beside her dead husband's hospital bed, bowing her head in silent prayer, and softly whispering, "God have mercy. Please grace us with better days".
I saw a boy look up to the skies and question why 'He who created heaven and earth' could allow this to happen to those He supposedly loved.
I saw as soldiers marched to words they obeyed, but never quite understood.
I saw the same soldiers carried into tent- sometimes wounded, sometimes disfigured, sometimes dead.
I heard the shots fired, and the screams that have followed.
I saw the broken-down houses of innocent civilians.
Deep down my heart, I wish i could help but I'm sorry, there was nothing else I could do.
Sometimes when I read about how many people have died in war today, I am consumed by anger, confusion and sadness- anger towards the corrupt and hateful leaders manipulating the minds of the innocent; confusion as to how the situation got to be so complicated that people decided war would be the best solution; and sadness for all those who have lost themselves, who have lost someone, or who have lost everyone.
I cry. I cry for those who deserve better lives, for the mother burying her baby, for the husband who never got to kiss his wife goodbye, for the child who never got the chance to know his/her parents.
I pray for those who have suffered, and more for those with the power to know better.
Most of all, I pray for the world- for us to see with our eyes, and not our weapons.
I wish for world-acceptance, for everyone to see that regardless of gender, race, religion, we are all the same, and that we all equally deserve a right to live in this world, in our home.
I envision a better place- a place where people live in harmony, where there are no tears, no fears, and no fighting. But I know better than to believe that it could exist.
I feel as though I want to spend my life doing traveling in an attempt to fight for world peace, but how can you help those unwilling to help themselves?
When you picked up that gun, and pulled that trigger, did you look into that child's eyes, even for a second, and wonder what it is you're fighting for?




4 came:
so emo wan emel =(
emel..ur story touches me lah
This entry is not emo, it's simply beautiful of how ugly the world is.
"I saw as soldiers marched to words they obeyed, but never quite understood."
-love this line the most.
gbsk: im quite emotional when comes to all these things =(
anonymous: thanx..
fat: yep..these soldiers are to dumb to think.. thx for sharing
Post a Comment